The Public Appointments Service were delighted
to host a meeting with a delegation of senior
officials from the Canadian Public Service, including Mr. Patrick Borbey, President of the
Public Service Commission of Canada, and Ms. Nancy Chahwan, Chief Human Resources Officer,
Treasury Board Secretariat.
The initiative allowed the Public Appointments Service, the Public Service Commission of Canada and the Treasury Board Secretariat of Canada to compare approaches, discuss challenges, share experiences and learning in areas such as talent acquisition strategies, optimising the use of technology and advancing diversity and inclusion in the public service.
The Canadian delegation consisted of:
- Mr. Patrick Borbey, President of the Public Service Commission of Canada;
- Ms. Patricia Jaton, Vice-President, Policy and Communications, Public Service Commission of Canada;
- Ms. Melanie Bowen, Director, Strategic Directions and Partnerships, Public Service Commission of Canada;
- Mr. Robert McSheffrey, Director General, Personnel Psychology Centre, Public Service Commission of Canada;
- Ms. Nancy Chahwan, Chief Human Resources Officer, Treasury Board Secretariat;
- Ms. Nadine Huggins, Executive Director, People Management and Community Engagement, Treasury Board Secretariat;
- Ms. Jackie Ellis, General Relations Officer, Embassy of Canada.
The meeting also provided the Canadian delegation and the Public Appointments Service the opportunity to discuss key areas of work including best practice, standards and policies, supporting enterprise, innovative approaches in recruitment, staffing and assessments as well as how both groups integrate, support diversity, inclusion and wellness in the workplace.