We have become aware of messages via WhatsApp purporting to be from publicjobs.ie and that this may be linked to a scam that targets job seekers. The people operating this scam may contact you with a job offer in order to get your personal or financial information.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind all candidates that we only communicate with you via your publicjobs.ie message board, by email or by phone call. We do not communicate with candidates via WhatsApp.
To reiterate, our team do not contact candidates using WhatsApp. They always conduct themselves in a professional manner and will never make any suspicious requests. We want to thank those of you who have notified us about this scam.
Here are some questions that will help you to identify a fraudulent message:
• Were you expecting to receive this message?
• Do you recognise the number or email address?
• Is the message poorly written and/or contain spelling errors?
• Does it offer unrealistic salaries or working arrangements?
• Does it ask for personal information, documents, or money?
• Does it contain a link? Never click on a link from an untrusted source.
If you have received a message like this and have provided any money or shared your bank account details with anyone you should contact your bank immediately.